An inclusive world in which all people with disabilities enjoy their human rights and achieve their full potential.
Fighting to end the cycle of poverty and disability.
- We believe everyone is equal before God. We are passionate about working with people with disabilities to build a world in which all people are included, valued and respected.
- We work for positive change, inspired by a vision of a just and equitable world. We will model justice and faithful love as Jesus did, serving those in greatest need, regardless of race, gender, age or religious belief.
- We are committed to achieving the greatest possible impact from the resources entrusted to us, attaining high quality in all our work. We challenge ourselves to constantly learn, innovate and improve.
- We achieve more when we work with others. We commit to partnership, listening and learning together. We collaborate creatively with partners, supporters, governments and colleagues to achieve lasting change.
- We show God’s character by seeking to live by our values and fulfill our commitments. We hold ourselves accountable to our supporters and those we serve, seeking to live authentically, responsibly and honestly.
cbm (known as the Christian Blind Mission) was founded by the German Pastor, Ernst Jakob Christoffel in Turkey in 1908. His pioneering work, establishing homes for blind children, orphans and the physically disabled in the Middle East and Asia, was driven by his deep faith in God. Although two world wars threatened to destroy his work, he did not give up, continuing the work through illness and into old age. Today cbm continues in his footsteps, as an international Christian development organisation, working to improve the quality of life of the world’s poorest persons with disabilities.
Our Board Members
Our team would love to hear from you