cbm New Zealand recognizes the importance of protecting an individual’s privacy and therefore is fully committed to following the regulations set out by the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 (the Act) when dealing with personal information.
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
This policy sets out how cbm NZ will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act.
If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
Changes to this policy
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy. This policy was last updated on 21 January 2021.
Who do we collect your personal information from
We collect personal information about you from:
- you, when you provide personal information to us, including via our website and any related service, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email), or when you purchase products or make a donation via the website.
- third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
How we use your personal information
We will use your personal information:
- to verify your identity
- to provide services and products to you
- to correctly process payment transactions
- to provide and distribute tax receipts
- to market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email for this purpose)
- to send out supporter acknowledgement letters and thank supporters for their donations
- to communicate to our supporters through direct emails and newsletters
- to inform supporters about upcoming fundraising initiatives and other activities
- to improve the services and products that we provide to you
- to send you communications that we feel are appropriate to the nature of your relationship with us
- to authorise and process credit card transactions
- to respond to communications from you, including a complaint
- to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis)
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
- for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act
Disclosing your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the website or other services and products
- other third parties for anonymised statistical information
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
- any other person authorised by you
Protecting your personal information
Your personal information is stored in secure databases in New Zealand and we will take necessary steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at email@example.com. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
Unsubscribing from Marketing Communications
You can unsubscribe from future marketing communication from cbm New Zealand at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We use social media networking services such as Facebook and YouTube to share content and promote our initiatives in a public space. When you engage with us using these services, the social network may collect your personal information for its own purposes. These networks have their own privacy statements which are independent of ours. They do not have any access to your personal information that we hold.
While we take all necessary steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
We collect the following information about your use of our website for analytical purposes and none of this information is associated to your personal identity in any way:
- your IP address
- the date and time you visited the site
- the search terms you used while on our website
- the pages you accessed while on our website and the links you clicked on
- the referring site through which you clicked to our website
- your operating system
- the type of web browser you use (such as Google Chrome, Internet Explorer)
If you are receiving communication from us that you no longer wish to receive then please contact us on 0800 77 22 64 or by email email@example.com and we will address the issue. You always have the choice to opt-in and opt-out of communications or services at any time.